Monday, October 10, 2011

You have to shop the sales

The reason we ended up having a New York strip roast was because Felton's Market in Plant City had them for $2.99 a pound.
We spent about $37 for a 12-pound, whole boneless New York strip. We couldn't have gone out to dinner and had steak for what we paid for the couple of big roasts and several steaks I cut from it.

This is how I always shop, I read the advertisements we get in the mail or look for them online and buy what is on sale. It's a good way to stock up on items like this NY strip, that you can keep in the freezer for special occasions, or stock up things you use often, like boneless, skinless chicken breasts, when they are most affordable. This only works if you remember to use what's in your freezer though.

I think I have found a way to inspire myself to post at least once a week. I am going to go through the sales fliers and fix a meal from one of the better deals of the week and try to come up with a recipe I haven't posted before.

Most of these sales are good only through Tuesday, with the exception of the Save a Lot and Bravo stores'.
If all goes as planned, I'll try to post the ads and recipe on Thursday so there's time to take advantage of the sales.

No comments: